photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This or That Follow-Up: Home No. 2’s Interior

tupper lake11

I know I have said before that I love the fact that blogging has allowed me to establish connections that would not have been possible otherwise. Yesterday, I posted a little game called “This or That?: Home Elevations”. Well, it certainly is a small world because I received an e-mail from the owner of House No.2 (The Coastal House) last night and I received another e-mail from the owner of House No. 1 (The Spanish-Style House). Both homeowners were extremely gracious and gave me some great  background information on their beautiful homes.

I was elated when Virginia, the owner of the Coastal home told me the name of her architect and shared some photos of the home’s interior with me. It is even better inside! I could just picture this home on the New England Coast or even in the California Wine Country. It is classic and elegant, but maintains an inviting level of comfort, which is only natural seeing as how it is home to a family of six. This unique home was designed by architect Dillon Kyle and built by Black Diamond Builders. The interiors were designed by the homeowner, a self-professed “design-junkie”.

tupper lake9

{The homeowners wanted a home with a “contemporary Southern” feel.}

tupper lake10{Virginia and her family love watching the light change throughout the day. An abundance of windows and French doors allow natural light to flood through the house all day long.}

tupper lake8

{I love the paint color in the library. Like the rest of the house, it feels elegant, but relaxed. I love the lucite tables and X-benches. The family dog, LuLu is darling!}

tupper lake7

{Virginia describes her home as “a happy house”. I would certainly agree!} How amazing are those big, grey doors?}tupper lake6 {View from the Fabulous Kitchen into the Family Room}

tupper lake5 {Is this not the most amazing space? I could spend hours in that kitchen. Not only does it seem like a great house for entertaining, it seems like such a great place to live. The house seems to flow so well and while there is a somewhat formal element, everything is so functional and inviting.}

tupper lake4 {I love the oversized chandelier in the study. In fact, the entire home features beautiful lighting.}

tupper lake2 {The Beautiful Master Bedroom}

tupper lake

{The color palette from the rest of the home was carried into the master bathroom.}

tupper lake3 {The bedroom above the garage features Bermuda shutters.}

 

Image Credit: Casey Dunn via Dillon Kyle Architects

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you posted about these two houses the other day I played along in my head and picked house number 2. It has more of a country/coastal vibe that I feel more at home with. I immediately thought it would be great to see inside! Wow! It is even better inside!! Those gray doors are AMAZING!! Okay now I'm thinking that I would like to live there. Can you make that happen too!!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Wow, how amazing is that? The interiors are absolutely beautiful!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

i absolutely love this post. how nice of her to share the gorgeous photos!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Every room is wonderful. How fun for you to have been contacted by the homeowner -- That's great!

Julie said...

Wow. Woooowwww. WOW!!! I love what the homeowner did with it!!! Dying at the fireplace shot with the two armchairs and matching, mirrored lucite tables!!!!

A Casa da Vá said...

that is so random, yeah there is something magical about blogging... you get inspired and also get in communication with people you would never have thought about it...

Victoria M said...

What a small world! Their home is so beautiful. I LOOOVE the big barnyard style doors to the kitchen. Makes it feel so welcoming! Thanks to Virginia for sharing, how gracious.

Saara {www.varv.ca} said...

How exciting that they BOTH wrote you back! That house is soooo gorgeous! I picked house 1 based on the exterior, but truly LOVE the interior of this one!

Shannon P said...

Incredible. This home is gorgeous, do you think they'll let me move in?! My husband and I are looking to buy our first house, and while it will definitely not be as incredible as this, I'm hoping to accomplish the same welcoming, light, peaceful feeling in our home. This post is definitely bookmarked for color combination inspiration!

Montse said...

Que bonitas y luminosas.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW and I WANT. Every single pic is now in my inspiration folder! Thanks for sharing!

Diane@InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Paloma-
What a discovery - and you just thought you were going play a little game. Blogging is so much fun! What a great story you have to tell now.

Design Actually said...

What a fantastic house! Love everything, especially the living room and master bath. Those gray doors are spectacular!!

Alissa said...

SWOON! Those big, gray barn doors have gone straight into my inspiration folder!!

ALR said...

Oh, how lucky are you to have this life! These people sound so nice and inviting. I absolutely adore this home. I love the colors, the design, the style, the whole enchilada. I just can't believe they saw your original post, who would have thought. Please tell the homeowners thank you for sharing!

xo
Amy R.

Viera said...

Thanks for sharing.
What a talented owner.
Absolutely love the house.
X
V

Things That Inspire said...

What a gorgeous and unique house. I love the floor to ceiling windows - it does look like a house filled with light. I wonder if they use the kitchen table as an island sometimes?

Great post, I am now going to look at your original post!

Averill said...

OK so I said that I would pick home #1 (though it was a close one) yesterday but I totally want to change it to #2 now. The inside is A-MAZE-ING. I'm in love with that kitchen and master bedroom/bathroom. Stunning. I'm so glad the owner reached out to you and shared!

Marcus Design said...

Wow, that is an amazing home! I love the grey walls in the library and those gorgeous grey doors!! Grey always seem to give a classic and soft, yet dramatic look :) Quite a stunning home!
Nancy

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

Oh well, although I called my favorite the house No.1 the interior of No.2 is totally gorgeous! Modern country sounds great and I'm amazed with the entire design!

*** said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! What fantastic interiors. I aboslutely love everything about this home - the kitchen, the grey doors, the french windows, the family room. When can I move in? This house would be perfect for where I live -coastal New England.

Pink Wallpaper said...

gosh!! i love this house....the doors are amazing!! and she did such a good job w/ the interior. love the lights in the kitchen too.....great find!

katie said...

I'm SO glad you were able to get interior photos. And they're even better than I imagined. I am officially naming this my dream house. Thank you!!

Sarah Ring said...

I love this style! So fresh!

Unknown said...

that seals the deal! house no. 2 it is :)

Vanessa said...

I almost died when I saw this post. I have driven by this house a dozen times and always come to a slow crawl. I love this house and every bit of its gorgeous architectual detail. The inside is stunning and does the outside justice. Thank you Paloma and Virginia for sharing!