photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It’s All Greek to Me

{This room, designed by the Brooklyn Home Company features Greek key wallpaper by Jonathan Adler.}

All it takes is one look at my blog header to know that I am crazy about Greek key. I love all types of patterns (zig zag,trellis, quatrefoil) but Greek key tops my list for its classic, enduring quality. Over the weekend, I was going through my inspiration files to organize them a bit better and I noticed that I had an abundance of images featuring this timeless motif.

domino klj2

{Nate Berkus used a pair of Greek key chairs in Katie Lee’s townhouse.}

atl showhouse

{Suzanne Kasler used these fabulous Greek key benches for an Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Showhouse.}

{Palmer Weiss used Greek key to add a graphic touch to this living room.}

{How beautiful is this headboard? The room was designed by Joe Nye and was featured in House Beautiful.}

summer heckman2

{Greek key towels liven up this bathroom featured in Lonny’s latest issue.}

{Courtney Giles obviously likes graphic prints, including the fabulous Greek key used in this bedroom.}

{This living room by Kwinter & Co. features a neutral Greek key rug which adds graphic interest without overpowering the room.}

{Amanda Nisbet chose Greek key drapes for this room.}

{A little Greek key can certainly go a long way. Notice the beautiful trim on the sofa and pillows in this room by Mary McDonald.}

{McDonald also chose Greek Key pillows for this fabulous bedroom.}

greek key

Picture of Dransfield & Ross Greek Key Border Pillow

 

The Well Apointed House carries tons of amazing Greek key items, including these lovely pillows.

 

Picture of Navy Greek Key Pillow

 

Corfu Duvet And Shams

{Williams Sonoma Home currently has this bold, Greek key bedding available in two colorways.}

 

Shown in Incense

{The Williams Sonoma Home duvet sets are currently on sale for 50% off!}

 

Close this window

{ZGallerie’s Labyrinth and Modern Key Bedding are shown together here and are both on sale right now.}

leontine pamela

{Leontine Linens’ Gorgeous Pamela With Cuff Style}

Greek Key Napkin, Green

{Add a little Greek key to your place settings with these napkins and place mats from Pottery Barn.}

greek key j adler2{Dinnerware by Jonathan Adler}

 

{Black Very Stoned Carpet from Madeline Weinrib}

greek key rug j adler{Jonathan Adler Greek Key Rug}

{Worlds Away Two Tier Coffee Table}

 

{Greek Key Side Table from Worlds Away}

 greek key shelf j adler{Jonathan Adler Greek Key Bookcase}

greek key calling card

{Greek Key Calling Cards from Pixel Impress}

Greek Key Lettepress Mini Cards / Place Cards / Gift Tags / Enclosures

{Greek Key Letterpress Cards from Missive}

 greek key frame j adler

{Jonathan Adler Greek Key Picture Frame}

{Greek Key Cutting Board from La Plates}

{Greek Key Coasters from La Plates}

 KATE TABLE LAMP

{The beautiful Kate Table Lamp designed by Alexa Hampton for Circa Lighting}

ABBOT SINGLE-ARM SCONCE

{The Abbott Single Arm Sconce from Circa Lighting was also designed by Alexa Hampton.}

Are you a fan of Greek key? What is your favorite graphic pattern?

31 comments:

Tammy@InStitches said...

wow, you did have a lot of images ! Greek key and quartrefoil are two of my favorites too.

Lilacandgrey said...

I love ANYTHING with a greek key pattern!
<3

KSK said...

I adore Greek key too and don't think I'll ever tire of it. I love your photo round-up!

Visual Vamp said...

You got the key!
And if I may add, perch. in New Orleans has some very cute indoor outdoor rugs with a Greek key border made from recycled material.
And a 5 x 8 is only $77.!
xo xo

Unknown said...

Val, that is a steal! Are they like the one you had in the front room by your desk when I visited?

Mango Gal said...

So beautiful! That wallpaper is amazing!

Averill said...

Yes! Greek key and quatrefoil tie for my favorite motif. And I'm embarrassed to say how many of those items you've featured that I either have (the kate lamp, the side table from Worlds Away) or want (the MW rug, the Alexa Hampton sconce....).

Anonymous said...

I'm so fascinated with Greek key lately! I did a blog post recently and now I just remembered how big my crush with this pattern is :)

Samantha Hutchinson said...

love the greek key as well!

I love how it's mixed with that zig zag rug in the Courtney Giles bedroom.

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Can't go wrong with a classic!!

Paulette @ At Home said...

Pretty post, Paloma. I too love this classic pattern. Thanks for showing ways to incorporate it in my own home. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the JA press! We love it :)

Dovecote Decor said...

You caught us! Yes, we are Greek Key Geeks--all the way. We are so out of control with this motif, a friend's husband named a new company "Greek Key." I wonder if I will look back in anguish!
xoxo
Dovecote Decor

Laura Trevey said...

I love it all!!! Great post with so many fun ideas...

Rox said...

Wonderful post!

My home is full of "greek Key" from room to room--tables, consoles, mirrors, bedroom linens; cannot get enough of it. We even have some of the items feature in this post! Couldn't find drapery finials, so my husband make several for me. And we have a lovely home according to most people that visit us...we are definitely part of this "greek" clique.

Keep up the good work!

Sketch42 said...

You could always buy greek key trim from MJtrim.com

They have a bunch of really cool options:

http://www.mjtrim.com/SiteSearch/search.aspx?keywords=greek+key&x=0&y=0

Living Livelier said...

Yummmmmmy! I have that exact JA greek key rug and it's one of my favorite things I've ever purchased! Lewis and Sheron has a great greek key trim, and Madeline Weinrib has some great greek key cotton flat weaves too! Love this round up Paloma!
Deb

Nicola said...

I love how such a masculine print can be so girly at the same time - like the Palmer Weiss lounge pic. Gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing.

www.mylushalisciousblog.blogspot.com

Milk and Honey Home said...

I wasn't wrong in remembering you loved greek key :) fun post!

Fargerike Dagny said...

This is a really great post, Paloma. Like you, I LOVE anything greek key. I even have it on my shower curtain :)

xx
d

Montse said...

Bonitas fotos, buena selección.Que ideas mas fabulosas. Gracias.

Unknown said...

I adore this motif so much, have it on my bedding as a border...and now, after seeing all of thees amazing interpretations, thinking I need to add some more to my home!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

definitely a classic and forever pattern and modern at the same time. great images!

Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

I've always loved Greek key! I posted yesterday about these fab ikat drapes lined in Greek key that you would probably really like. Have a great day!

Lara @ La Plates said...

You know we love GREEK KEY too! Love all your inspirations - thanks for including our cutting boards & coasters:) xo

Hardwood Flooring Queen said...

Hi Paloma! Thank you so much for sharing such beautiful designs. I absolutely love Greek patterns as well, and I never thought that they would bring so much richness to a space. I especially love the area rugs contrasted in the dark hardwood flooring! Can't wait to get one of my own ;)

Anonymous said...

It is a very classic and elegant pattern. Love all your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'm crazy for Greek Key! So much so that it's the carpet in my young son's room. I also have it in pillows on my family room sofa (leaning on right now). I honestly can't get enough...but am speed ordering those items from La Plates!

Elizabeth

LindsB said...

So many choices! I cant believe I dont have one greek key item in my house, I think its time to change that.

SpryOnTheWall said...

I adore Greek Key! Great images, very inspiring!

Jessica Claire said...

nice round-up!

we have very similar taste.. on a greek key post I did last year I included some of the same things and you even titled your post the same as mine! haha
http://jessicaclairesworld.blogspot.com/2009/04/it-all-greek-key-to-me.html