photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Honey, I’m Home!: The Master Suite

7512 creekwood master

Remember this gorgeous house? I know many of you fell in love with it as much as I did when I first posted this newly-constructed home for sale in Houston a few weeks ago. After feeling completely inspired by it, but lacking the $2 million it would take to purchase and furnish the home, I decided to “decorate” the house, just for kicks, here on La Dolce Vita. I started out by decorating the study, which turned out to be a feminine, glamorous, yet sophisticated workspace in which I could theoretically blog the day away.

creekwood bedroom3

creekwood bedroom2

Next, I’ve decided to tackle the master bedroom. I knew that I wanted some dramatic pieces, like the gorgeous Pondicherry Bed with Nailheads by Serena and Lily. While grey is a color I usually like for bedrooms, I don’t typically veer towards blue, as I generally prefer warmer tones. However, the beams in the room’s ceiling call for a serene space with a bit of restraint when it comes to the use of color, so I opted for cool blue and aqua tones as an accent to the grey headboard and grey embellishments on the linens. The blue hues are further enhanced through the dramatic drapes from Pottery Barn, the gorgeous velvet upholstered bench by Windsor Smith and Madeline Weinrib rug. For the lighting, I wanted something glamorous, but unobtrusive, so I opted for these beautiful crystal pieces from Circa Lighting. If you’re familiar with my style, then you probably aren’t at all surprised that I chose these mirrored Greek key tables from Lamshop as the bedside tables. The detail is stunning and the reflective surface adds to the overall glamorous look of the space. So, what do you think? Can you envision the room?

 

creekwood bedroom

 

{Sources: Serena & Lily Pondicherry Bed with Nailheads, Circa Lighting Octagonal Crystal Spire Lamp, Pottery Barn Drapes, Furbish Teal Scales Linen Pillow, Z Gallerie Bukhara Pillow, Madeline Weinrib Dusty Blue Toga Rug, Windsor Smith Chippendale Bench, Restoration Hardware Italian Sheets, Williams Sonoma Home Greek Key Duvet, Lamshop Greek Key Mirrored Side Tables, Cococozy Cane Throw in Grey, Horchow Aqua Bamboo Mirror,  Circa Lighting Crystal Swept Arm Chandelier, Pieces, Inc. Fretwork Credenza}

9 comments:

meenal @ maison marigold said...

love the furniture you have selected for this room..particularly the pondicherry bed...love the faux bamboo mirror and the greek key side tables..a very elegant room indeed! thanks for sharing..do visit my blog too! xx meenal

Design Goddess said...

I really like this series. It's fun imagining. The pic I like the most is the one of the window treatments puddling to the floor.

Jessie said...

I can totally imagine your design in my head! It will be such an elegant room with a little bit of glamor! The bed and the Greek key side table are my favorites!

The Purse-a-holic said...

I can see every item in place and I am sure it would look gorgeous!

A Blissful Nest said...

fabulous and for sure can see it! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You are quite talented, Paloma! You picked so many great items. My favorites are the bed, chandelier and those amazing greek key tables!!

Unknown said...

The house is very nice! I was in envy when you originally posted it. And I love that you are "decorating" the house - your choices are fabulous. I'm looking forward to the next room.

Averill said...

LOVE! Totally my style Paloma. I covet almost all these pieces for my own bedroom!

LiveLikeYou said...

They say your thoughts become reality...keep it up perhaps this place will be yours one day...