photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Style Staple: An Effortless Trench Coat

image
{A Classic Combination: J.Crew Collection Icon Trench, Black Tee, White Jeans, and a Fabulous Pair of Sunglasses.}
As most of you are experiencing the beginning of fall, and we Texans wait for the cooler weather with baited breath, one of the most classic wardrobe staples comes to mind: the trench. A classic trench is essential for every woman, in every climate. It’s something that you can wear for most of the year and like most style staples, it can easily be dressed up or down. It’s the perfect blank canvas for one to express his or her individual style.
282600945337971240_UvSA71H5_c[1]
{I love the juxtaposition of this look—an easy tee and effortless trench paired with skinny, black leather pants and heels. The look is chic from head to toe.}
193373377720727518_BKXkMvAr_c[1]
{Personally, I am obsessed with Burberry’s Long Cotton Gabardine Leather Trim Trench. It looks so polished and has just enough edge to feel special.}
245446248412517032_doaDnDud_c[1]
{Emma Stone wears Burberry’s Leather Trim Trench with boyfriend, Andrew Garfield who wears his own trench while out in New York.}
168885054746476665_y3gvhw9X_c[1]
{Cinched at the Waist with a Feminine Bow at a Burberry Fashion Show}
18999629647462207_9n0VhZu1_c[1]
{The surefire way to rock a trench? Pair it with other classic pieces as seen here. We’ll forgive her messy hair as she is clearly outdoors!}
115756652891737676_HAPQkORS_c[1]
{Emerson Fry pairs her trench with a classic striped tee and jeans. What’s not to love?}
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
Do you have a go-to trench coat? What is your favorite way to wear it?

7 comments:

Tracey@Chalkboard living said...

I have a simple one from H&M which i love. Mostly i wear it open.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love trench coats! They are such a wardrobe staple. I have a Burberry trench coat that is very light weight and works well as a rain jacket. I wear it as often as I can! :)

Unknown said...

Love the trench! What a classic look. I still wear a lavender trench that I bought 10 years ago. As a fellow Texan, it hardly ever gets to come out of the closet!

Lisa
StrokeofLuxe

Haus and Home said...

See I always wore mine closed (but I tied the belt around the waist not use the buckle) but now I am seeing more open ones and I love that look. Lots of great looks! Still need a Burberry one though :)

Alyssa said...

Loved these! I have never really thought that I can pull off a trench but I'm inspired to try again - super cute and functional for fall :)

Carissa said...

You just can't go wrong with a great trench. Loving the one with the bow by the way! Good picks!

xx
Carissa

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I'm a sucker for trenches..... have them in navy, coral and beige. LOVE the Burberry.... a worthy investment!